Tuesday 13 September 2011

Can I really have an iced frappucinno?

I love frapps from Starbucks.  They are liquid dessert!  And have the carbs to go along with it.  The coffee shop variety is loaded with sugar.  But need I go without?  Not at all.  Thanks to Big Train's Blended Ice Vanilla Latte Mix.

It tastes just like the coffee shop version. No wait, let me correct that, it tastes BETTER.  So rich and frosty - heaven in a glass.



I was hesitant to order it online because I am so used to packaged drink blends like this promising far more than they ever deliver.   They are usually gritty and have a really awful after taste.  Not this one. The coffee flavor is perfect, the sweetness level just right and the texture is sublime.

One serving makes a 16oz ice latte which for me was just to large. So I simply halved the ingredients and had a perfect 8oz icy delight on my hand (and in my mouth) in minutes!

Here is a breakdown of the Nutritional Facts and Ingredients List


Nutrition Facts
Valeur Nutritive
Serving Size   1 Scoop

Servings Per Container   30

Calories   100 

Fat   3g
  Saturated Fat   0.5g
  Trans Fat   0g
Cholesterol   0mg
Sodium   115mg
Carbohydrates   19g
  Fibre   8g
  Polyols/Sugar Alcohols   9g
  Sugars   2g
Protein   3g

Ingredients: Erythritol (All natural), inulin (Natural extract of Chicory), coffee, sunflower oil, nonfat dry milk, calcium caseinate, carageenan, guar gum, salt, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors, mono and diglycerides, dipotassium phosphate, sucralose.

NOTE: Remember, to calculate Net Grams you substract the fibre and the sugar alcohols.

Will I buy this again?  You betcha.  And I will also buy their other flavors too such as Blended Ice Mocha mix and Blended Iced Caramel Latte mix.

So if you are in the mood for a superb treat then I highly recommend you give this mix a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment