Friday 7 October 2011

Fire Roasted Tomato Cream Soup



I made an incredible, quick and super easy soup for lunch today.  Boy, was it good.  Plus I have leftovers and will be enjoying them tomorrow.

I wanted to share this recipe with you all and thank Linda at Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes for a great recipe.

You just need a few ingredients and no more than 10 minutes of your time to create a rich, warm and soothing tomato soup.  I don't have a lot of time to spare during my lunch break so this is an ideal recipe for me.  And the fact that it is low carb ROCKS !

So this is just a short post to share a superb recipe!

RECIPE:
*adapted source recipe: Cream of Tomato Soup,  Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes

WHAT YOU NEED

Makes enough for 2 large servings

1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 small can fire-roasted diced tomatoes  (approx 14 oz)
1 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream (35% fat)
salt and pepper to taste


MAKE IT

IN MEDIUM SAUCEPAN, saute onions in butter/oil until soft
ADD undrained tomatoes and chicken stock
SIMMER for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
REMOVE from heat
ADD CREAM
PUREE slightly with immersion blender
ADD salt and pepper to taste

ENJOY !

1 comment:

  1. This really sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took sometime to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day and that your arthritis doesn't bother you too much. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete