Tuesday 6 March 2012

Roasted Chicken Breasts

If you are like me you are always on the lookout for high quality, tasty and clean protein that is easy to prepare.  There are many days I simply don't have time or energy to stand over a grill flipping chicken breasts or steaks. Yes, the slow cooker is my best friend most days of the week but I am not a big fan of how it cooks chicken. I like my chicken roasted or grilled not poached or cooked in the slow cooker. I want richer flavor and crispy edges.

I have always avoided the oven when it comes to meats. I have a tendency, or did in the past, to roast things into charred oblivion.  Well those days are over.   A simple roasting recipe, 2 chicken breasts, some oil and seasoning.   That's it - foolproof.  Even I can't screw this up!

Whip up this recipe on a Sunday night and you have about 4 servings of protein (approx 4 oz each when you cut a large breast in 1/2) that will keep you going for a few days.  This is especially good cold the next day tossed into a green salad or fresh out of the oven with a side of roasted asparagus.

NOTE:  Always store cooked chicken an air tight container in the refrigerator. Cooked chicken must be consumed within 3-4 days after baking.


So let's get to it !


RECIPE:


WHAT YOU NEED

4 large chicken breasts, totally thawed - opt for organic if you can
Oil - Olive oil or grapeseed are best
Ms. Dash (regular)

MAKE IT

PREHEAT oven to 400F
LINE  a cookie sheet with non-stick aluminum foil (that have a special kind that has a really super non-stick coating on one side)

PLACE chicken breasts , breast side up, on prepared pan
DRIZZLE with oil and sprinkle with  Mrs. Dash
FLIP over and do the same
FLIP back over so chicken is breast side up
BAKE 30 minutes or until meat thermometer hits 170F
REMOVE from oven and cover with foil - let rest for 10 minutes before slicing

ENJOY !

No comments:

Post a Comment